Jointly organised by the Singapore Federation of Chinese Clan Associations (SFCCA), the Singapore Chinese Cultural Centre and Lianhe Zaobao, the micro film competition “My Singapore Story” is a present dedicated to both Singapore’s 50th birthday and SFCCA’s 30th anniversary.
Micro films are presented in a concise manner, suited to the preferences of the younger generation who is used to a fast-paced lifestyle. While simple, a good micro film can still illustrate a touching story that reflects a society’s culture. A total of 116 works were received from both local and international participants, giving us a look into the storytellers’ Singapore.
Registration was open from June 2014 to May 2015. Results of the competition were revealed at the Arts Theatre of Singapore.
The list of awardees is as follows:
- Most Popular Micro Film – Gold: Destined To Love
- Most Popular Micro Film – Silver: Singapore Memories
- Most Popular Micro Film – Bronze: Singapore, the Apple of My Eye
- Student Category – Gold: Dinner
- Student Category – Silver: Remnants of Singapore
- Student Category – Bronze: Departure
- Open Category – Gold: Singapore Pioneer Mr Pek Cheng Chuan
- Open Category – Silver: Singing to The Gods
- Open Category – Bronze: Endless Summer
- Most Creative Micro Film: We Will Dance
- Best Actor/ Actress in a leading role: Choo Ai Keow in “H is for Hokkien”
- Best Director: Wang Yue of “Endless Summer”